Program Support I - Farmers Market Program
This position is responsible for a variety of duties, including administrative, clerical, and direct service functions, to support SNAP-EBT and matching programs at Iron Range area farmers’ markets.
High School graduate or equivalent. Minimum of 2 years training and/or experience in administrative support, business, secretarial, or office procedures.
Needed Attributes: Ability to work with diverse groups of people. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Strong organizational skills. Able to manage multiple priorities with a high level of accuracy. Works well as part of a team and independently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct assistance to SNAP eligible customers
- Makes referrals to other agency programs or community service organizations
- Coordinates with farmers’ market vendors to collect direct deposit and reimbursement information
- Assists in processing of correspondence, purchase orders, billings, and vouchers
- Maintains program files and data for program reporting (in confidence)
- Data collection and reporting to funding resources
- Utilizes computers for data entry, word processing, and other tasks
- Types, files, make copies and performs other general clerical functions
- Assists with special projects and attends community meetings as appropriate
- Strong mediation and problem-solving skills helpful.
Part Time/Seasonal Program Support I needed to work 2 days/wk at the Cook and Tower Farmers Markets. Fridays 3:30pm-6:30pm in Tower and Saturdays 7:30am-12:30pm in Cook. $17.71/hr. Position open until filled. AA/EOE