Commercial Multi-Family Production Lead
Performs all aspects of commercial, business, development, & multi-family residential property inspections, develops specific work plans, performs job cost estimating, assists property owners with all aspects of Rehabilitation and Energy Projects, ensures quality control of all projects and develops all documentation required by funding sources.
Develops and maintains work plan, job cost process, site inspection, and quality control aspects of the programs. Coordinates and delivers rehabilitation and energy programs as required by funding sources and promotes energy conservation in the community.
High school graduate or equivalent. Minimum 2 years experience and/or training in the building construction field. Certification or willing to obtain the following certifications within 6 months of hire: Quality Control Inspector, lead and OSHA certifications as required by program standards. Ability to inspect, communicate, develop project specifications and enforce all program guidelines and local building codes. Regularly lifts 50 lbs., and occasionally more. Regularly climbs ladders and enters crawl spaces. Computer skills. Current MN State Drivers License required.
Needed Attributes: Ability to work with diverse groups including elderly, low-income, disabled individuals, local officials and contractors. Strong negotiation, problem solving, organization and documentation skills required.
- Inspects properties and conducts pressure diagnostic assessments to identify necessary energy improvements.
- Inspects commercial mechanical systems for energy efficiency and safety.
- Inspects commercial properties for deficiencies, building durability, safety, accessibility & owner concerns.
- Develops Rehabilitation/Energy work plans including cost estimating and project specifications for contractor bidding process.
- Coordinates and monitors projects per Program Guidelines.
- Performs proper file documentation of Rehabilitation/Energy projects.
- Conducts regular job site inspections and evaluates completed work.
- Investigates complaints filed by business owners and mediates between business owners, clients, and contractors.
- Educates and promotes energy conservation with the general public.
- Participates in hiring, progressive disciplinary processes and training.
- Monitors and maintains equipment and tools and recommends new technology.
- Maintains ongoing safety/OSHA compliance and assists in developing training and technical assistant programs.
Full-time Commercial Multi-Family Production Lead position open in the AEOA Housing Department in Hibbing, MN. 40 hrs/wk. Starting wage: $25.13/hr. Position open until filled. To apply, please visit www.aeoa.org; Careers Tab; Construction. AA/EOE